Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba and
Graduate School of Physical Education, National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Kanoya
Joint Master’s Program in International Development and Peace through Sport
7. Announcement of Acceptance and Enrollment Procedure
Announcement of Acceptance
Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:00 a.m.
The examinee numbers of successful applicants will be posted on the Joint Master’s Program website. Acceptance letters will be sent out to successful applicants on the same day by registered mail. The examinee numbers will remain on the website for a week.
We will not respond to questions about the acceptance by phone or any other methods.
[Applicants of University of Tsukuba]
- Enrollment procedure guidelines (enclosed with documents to be submitted) will be sent to successful applicants in the middle of February 2018. Refer to the guidelines for the necessary procedures.
Applicants with a job (except part-time workers) must submit a document (either an order to attend a training course, a certification of leave of absence, or an approval for enrollment) issued by their supervisors.
- Fees required upon enrollment
- 1) Admission fee 282,000 Japanese Yen (non-refundable)
- 2) Tuition fees
The first semester (April – September): 267,900 Japanese Yen
The second semester (October – March): 267,900 Japanese Yen
(Annual Total: 535,800 Japanese Yen)Notes
- Fees are subject to change upon and after enrollment.
- Refer to the enrollment procedure guidelines for the details of fees.
- Government-sponsored foreign students are exempted from paying the admission fee.
- Foreign applicants must acquire a status of residence for enrollment in a graduate school, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Cabinet Order No. 319 of 1951), prior to enrollment procedures.
Applicants who wish to enroll in the Joint Master’s Program in International Development and Peace through Sport as a foreign student must acquire the status of residence of “College Student.”
[Applicants applied to National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Kanoya]
Enrollment procedure guidelines (enclosed with documents to be submitted) will be sent to successful applicants in the middle of February 2018. Refer to the guidelines for the necessary procedures within the application period specified below (1).
If applicants cannot finish the procedure within the period, they shall lose the eligibility for enrollment.
- Application Period: Friday, March 16, 2018 – Thursday, March 22, 2018
- 1) By hand: 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. at the date above
- 2) By mail: No later than Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:15 p.m.
Application will not be accepted after the application period. Make sure to mail the documents in plenty of time for the period.
- Documents to Be Submitted
- 1) Admission Ticket for Examination
- 2) Agreement
- 3) Guarantee
- 4) Identical photograph of the applicant (4 x 3cm headshot, with no hats: 1 piece)
- 5) Graduate (Completion) certificate (If it is not available in time, submit it as it becomes available.)
- 6) Other documents (specified in the procedure guidelines)
- Payment for Admission
- 1) Admission fee: 282,000 Japanese Yen (estimated amount)
- 2) Tuition fees: The first semester: 267,900 Japanese Yen (estimated amount)
Annual Total: 535,800 Japanese Yen (estimated amount)
- a) The admission and tuition fees above are the estimated amount. Applicants will be notified if there is a price change.
- b) Tuition fees are subject to change after enrollment.
- 3) Miscellaneous fees
Entrance fees for the welfare association: 2,000 Japanese Yen (Not necessary for graduates of National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Kanoya)
Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (including the additional coverage for commuting accidents) (Optional): 1,750 Japanese Yen
The additional fees are necessary if you are applying to comprehensive accident insurance and liability Insurance coupled with PAS.